Conserving energy is not only important for protecting your pocketbook, but also preserving the world’s natural ecosystem, wildlife, and resources. The less energy that humankind consumes now, the better off we’ll be in the future.
While there are many ways to reduce your energy consumption, one of the easiest and simplest ways is energy efficient window film. Perfect for Long Island homes and commercial buildings alike, energy efficient films help control costs while also improving comfort and protecting against UV rays.
Below, we’ve discussed some of the different types of energy efficient films you can get for your property.
Why Window Film for Energy Efficiency?
If you’re dealing with a high energy bill or fluctuating temperatures, your windows are likely the root cause. The Department of Energy estimates that windows are responsible for 25-30% of heating and cooling energy use. A quick way to improve the performance and insulation of windows is by retrofitting them with window film.
With energy efficient window film, Long Island property owners can:
- Update windows without having to replace them
- Save money on heating and cooling costs
- Protect against UV rays
- Cut back on electricity use
For more details on the benefits, check out this brochure: 3m-energy-efficient-window-film-long-island
Energy Efficient Window Film Options
Energy efficient window films come in many forms. Some are designed to reduce heat gain during the summer only while others are meant for year-round use. Here are some of the most common options:
- Spectrally selective: Spectrally selective window films single out the rays of light that cause solar heat gain. In doing so, they block heat without blocking light.
- Low-E: Low-e window films are a popular four-season option. These window films reduce heat during the summer and retain it during the winter.
- Nano-ceramic: These window films use teeny tiny ceramic particles to reflect heat.
- Dual reflective: Dual reflective films are popular because they provide privacy and heat control at the same time.
- UV protection: UV blocking films will keep your furniture in pristine condition by blocking ultraviolet rays.
Curb Your Energy Use with Window Film!
Call Long Island Window Film today to order energy efficient window film for your Long Island property!