Did summer sneak up on you this year? Us too! It seems like just yesterday we were enjoying beautiful spring weather, watching the flowers bloom, and seeing the birds return from their trip down South. Now, temperatures are heading upward and pretty soon long 80 degrees will be upon us! That’s why now is a great time to install window film for your Long Island home! Below, we’ve shared three different types of window film that can help you get your home ready for summer in Long Island.
Why Window Film Is a Good Investment for Summer
During the summer, days are longer and warmer, meaning your home is exposed to more sunlight and heat. All of that heat builds up on your windows and can affect your home in many ways such as:
- Making your interior warmer
- Causing your air-conditioning to work harder
- Causing your furniture and flooring to fade
- Increasing your home energy costs
- Creating glare on TV and computer screens
Unfortunately, you can’t just get rid of your windows. You need them to let in light and fresh air. However, you can improve them! Installing window film can help your windows perform better in warmer weather.
Window film helps Long Island homes stay cool in the summer by blocking infrared heat. And it also protects your interior from UV light and saves money on utility costs!
3 Types of Window Film that Can Get Your Home Summer-Ready
Here are three types of window films you can use to protect your home from the summer heat and sun:
- UV Blocking – UV blocking films not only prevent your furniture from fading, but also reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Spectrally Selective – These are a great option for improving the comfort and energy efficiency of your home.
- Low-E – Low-E films are a year round solution that not only provide energy efficiency during the summer, but also the winter too!
Contact Long Island Window Film
Get your home ready for summer! Call our office today to speak with a window tinting expert!